- and many more things.
But execution in browser context implies certain security limitations.
- Full integration with HTML/CSS
- Simple things can be done simply
- Supported by all browsers and enabled by default
- Reading/writing files on visitor’s disk (with proper security to keep it safe).
- A database embedded into the browser, which allows to store data on client side.
- Multithreading (can use multiple CPUs).
- Video playback.
- Drawing 2d and 3d, with hardware acceleration, just like in modern games.
- things are going to be compatible. Of course as far as we don’t use browser-specific features or early-adopted draft sections of a standard.
- Java Applet
- Adobe Flash
- ActiveX, browser plugins/extensions
- Silverlight, XUL, VBscript